This Funding Program will assist the community through grants to registered charitable organizations and community groups, with a focus on:
- Social Services
Grants provided must provide lasting support, value and benefit to the local community.
Policy Guidelines for Community Development Fund
- Organizations requesting a grant must be able to demonstrate fiscal responsibility and capable management.
- Grants are awarded for projects, events or activities covering a specified period of time.
- Grant requests for Bursaries and Scholarships made by educational institutions will be considered.
- Grant requests may be considered for capital projects if there is a demonstrated need, lasting benefit and value to the community.
- Grant requests are not usually considered for religious, political or government-funded organizations.
- Grant requests for organizational operating expenses may be considered.
- Grant requests to support individuals may be considered.
- Approved grants will be presented at a recognition event with local media in attendance.
- The Community Development Program Fund will be promoted in local media with application forms available on the HMF website.
- Grant requests will be considered by the Board of Directors of the Foundation. All decisions of the Board of Directors are final.